Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jerry "the King" Lawler and RAW 09/10/12

A legend went down Monday night and most of the wrestling world is waiting with baited breath to hear that he is ok.  Jerry "the King" Lawler has been involved with the WWE for 20 years and is as much the voice of the WWE as J.R. was/is.  His career was legendary to many before he joined the WWE, but it was there that he finally reached a national audience.  King, I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope to hear you calling matches again soon.

Normally my plan would be to post a review of RAW, but after King went down Monday night I couldn't really concentrate on the action.  I will say that Cena's promo was very good, maybe even excellent, but I don't think I can really judge it just yet.  Everything else is just a blur overshadowed by Jerry's collapse.  I did think that the decision to stop commentary was the right move and I really felt for Michael Cole and the other performers who had to go out there after the King incident.  I've heard several people were in tears backstage and that Vince never left Jerry's side, which just goes to demonstrate that despite what some critics say this business does have heart.

Check back later in the week for my thoughts on the most underused or misused WWE wrestlers and Friday for my Smackdown thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment